CBD and massage work together in unique and powerful ways to provide an even deeper level of relaxation and relief.
Massage therapy already has a solid reputation for relieving muscle soreness, back pain, stress, and a long list of other benefits for many conditions.(1) Now, the addition of CBD-infused massage oils can take you to an even deeper level of relaxation and wellness. Many people who receive CBD massage say they feel an increased sense of calm and relaxation, diminished anxiety, improved mood, and a general “loosening” of their tight muscles.
People report using CBD products and massage therapy for many of the same reasons—including reduced joint pain and stiffness, healthier sleep cycles, and relief from everyday stress, and to feel more relaxed—and it makes sense that anyone looking for balance in these areas might benefit from a CBD massage.*
Preliminary research does indicate that hemp-derived CBD in a topical form can reduce the affects of pain and inflammation. Because skin is the body’s largest organ and has high concentrations of cannaboid receptors, CBD-infused massage therapy treatments are great way to maximize exposure of receptors to CBD and the positive affects it may offer for pain, inflammation, healthy skin, and more.
Studies show that hemp extract with CBD can be well-tolerated by many. Massage with CBD containing products can provide soothing relief and fast-acting results without harsh side effects. This also means that CBD oil may be a good option for people who cannot tolerate the unpleasant or dangerous side effects of other medications, including the risks of addiction. As our nation struggles with the opioid crisis and rising numbers of people with drug dependency, both massage therapy and CBD are offering relief and hopeful alternatives to addictive medications.(4)
More data about the benefits of CBD will soon be available. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) recently increased funding into CBD research, and once that research is completed, we will have better evidence about hemp-derived CBD’s benefits.
In the meantime, the anecdotal evidence is rapidly growing.
Many massage therapists, health care providers, and consumers report their experiences that hemp-derived CBD products help to soothe pain and inflammation, provide relief from exercise-induced soreness and recover faster, feel more relaxed and focused, and even get better sleep.
The best way to find out how CBD will work for you is to try it for yourself!
Next >> What is CBD & Hemp Extract?
Research is underway on CBD’s potential as a treatment for a wide range of conditions including:
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Field T. Massage therapy research review. Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2016;24:19–31. doi:10.1016/j.ctcp.2016.04.005 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5564319/
- Philpott HT, O’Brien M, McDougall JJ. Attenuation of early phase inflammation by cannabidiol prevents pain and nerve damage in rat osteoarthritis. Pain. 2017;158(12):2442–2451. doi:10.1097/j.pain.0000000000001052 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5690292/
- World Anti-Doping Agency, “Prohibited In- Competition,” accessed August 2019, www.wada-ama.org/en/content/what-is-prohibited/prohibited-in-competition/cannabinoids; World Health Organization, Cannabidiol (CBD) Pre-Review Report, November 2017, accessed August 2019, www.who.int/medicines/access/controlled-substances/5.2_CBD.pdf
- Gonzalez-Cuevas G, Martin-Fardon R, Kerr TM, et al. Unique treatment potential of cannabidiol for the prevention of relapse to drug use: preclinical proof of principle. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2018;43(10):2036–2045. doi:10.1038/s41386-018-0050-8 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6098033/
- (Alger BE. Getting high on the endocannabinoid system. Cerebrum. 2013;2013:14. Published 2013 Nov 1. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3997295/