Many of our clients these days are coming in with prescriptions for massage from their doctors. Others are asking for receipts so that they can be reimbursed through their FSA's (flexible spending accounts). Some employers even offer incentives for employees who receive massage therapy as part of their wellness plans.
- Check your insurance policy or FSA rules to see if you may be able to be reimbursed for massage therapy.
- Research whether or not massage therapy has proven benefits for your condition.
- Talk to your doctor about a prescription or referral for massage therapy.
- Find a qualified therapist, with experience and training to meet your needs.
- Keep good records and save your receipts if you will be getting reimbursed.
Have a talk with your doctor about making massage therapy as a part of your health and wellness plan!