The Benefits of Massage Therapy for Military Veterans
- Relieve Pain--Massage can decrease low-back pain, and is also proven effective relief for anxiety and tension headaches.
- Reduce Medications--Massage therapy reduces inflammation of acutely damaged skeletal muscle at the cellular level similar to anti-inflammatory medications, and may help reduce drug dependency.
- Improved Sleep--Massage therapy has been proven to reduce fatigue and improve sleep.
- Lower Blood Pressure--Massage has been proven to decrease blood pressure and heart rate, and has been shown to significantly decrease in the hormone arginine-vasopressin (a major player in regulating blood pressure and water retention).
- Lower Stress and Anxiety--Massage therapy can reduce stress significantly on physical and psychological levels including decreased blood pressure and heart rate and improvements in mood and emotional states. Research has proven massage therapy is effective stress relief.
- Regulate Stress Hormones--Massage therapy has been proven to boost levels of the "feel-good" hormone dopamine, while at the same time lowering levels of the "stress-hormone" cortisol, reducing hyper-arousal and "fight or flight" response.