Getting a good night's sleep begins with acknowledging the important role sleep plays in our health and wellbeing, and then intentionally creating the time and space for rest and relaxation in our lives. In addition to healthy diet, exercise, and regular massage or craniosacral therapy, here are a few more tips to improve your "sleep hygiene" and get rest you need to be at your best:
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time everyday (including weekends!)
- Enjoy relaxing bedtime rituals.
- Use essential oils and aromatherapy for better sleep.
- Try melatonin supplements (You can find this at the People's Food Co-op).
- Limit caffeine and alcohol, especially late in the day.
- Put down your digital devices and dim the lights!
- Create a sacred, uncluttered restful space to sleep.
- Schedule a massage to help you relax and unwind!